Nurturing and Empowering Mothersand the people who support them
Welcome mothers, birth support partners, health care providers, doulas, yoga teachers and yoga students. We are honoured to share with you:
We created a reference list of the Contraindicated Yoga During Pregnancy which summarizes the 8 poses/breath practices to modify during pregnancy. To get the full list — sign up for our newsletter. We will send it to you right away along with new articles as we continue to learn and share.
Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (RPYT)
MamaNurture Prenatal Yoga Teacher Certification
Directed by Shannon Crow, E-RYT500, RPYT, RCYT and Kim MacDonald-Heilandt, E-RYT200, RPYT, RCYT
In our training, you will learn how to support your students through fertility, pregnancy and into parenthood. You will learn how to use yoga as a tool to nurture and empower the women that you work with.
MamaNurture teacher training includes an in-depth study of:
• The anatomy and physiology of the pregnant and postnatal student
• Subtle Body in Pregnancy (pranayama, meditation, visualization)
• Childbirth education in prenatal classes
• Yoga to help with the common ailments of pregnancy
• Birth Art in yoga classes
• Business Practices & Marketing
• Teaching fertility yoga
• Postnatal and Baby & Me yoga classes
• Pelvic Floor and core health
• Sequencing and theming your classes
• The 8-limbs and chakras in pregnancy and birth
MamaNurture is a Registered Prenatal Yoga School with Yoga Alliance.
With this 85-hour teacher training, you will receive your RPYT certification.
Out of all of the yoga postures, downward dog is the one that yoga teachers ask us about the most. There is a good reason to question this pose.read more
Here are six poses from our Prenatal Yoga Ball Class, so that you can offer modifications, birthing poses and comfort measures to your pregnant yogis.read more
Enjoy this Yoga for Piriformis Syndrome sequence to help relieve the tension in the piriformis muscle. Our language in this flow is for the prenatal yoga student, but anyone will benefit from it.read more
Want new articles sent right to your email?
Testimonialsfrom previous MamaNurture grads
Powerful, Nurturing, Informative, Inspiring, and Sacred. These are only a few words that describe what MamaNurture is all about.
Shannon and Kim have created a program that gives expecting women a space to embrace the wonders of their changing body, learn about childbirth and how using yoga poses can help facilitate an easier birth, information on a variety of pregnancy and birth topics, and most important…..how to relax and enjoy this special time in a women’s life.
This program encompasses everything to do with the mind,body, and soul connection. Shannon and Kim represent one of my favourite quotes…”be the change you want to see in the world”….look out birthing world…..change is happening!!Sande Irwin
Online TrainingIntroduction to Prenatal Yoga
In this 1.5 hour online workshop you will learn about:
* The benefits of prenatal yoga
* The contraindicated poses/breath practices in pregnancy
* Cautioned poses for prenatal yoga
* The basics of teaching to pregnant students
* How to modify poses and breath practices for pregnancy
* Our favourite prenatal yoga sequence
Investment: $45 CAD including the replay video and your own printable booklet